Consultant: George Sweeney
Here is some Info about the M.O.R.E. services that this consultant provides
George specializes in Method and Materials Validation, all aspects of Quality Control and Quality Assurance, Process Improvement and Troubleshooting
Throughout my career, I have pushed to have strict and consistent protocol for processes in the lab and how we could prove that it worked. As I often told my staff, we need to think as if one day one of us would be called to a court of law and asked what evidence we had to prove that the results we reported were correct. We dealt with people’s lives after all. I was often considered defiant over my refusal to just accept that the QC worked without actually doing a complete validation of QC protocol and comparison to patient data.
Zoe and I met at an AACC conference where I attended a brown bag discussion with her. I remember her surveying those attending on what they would do with certain QC results, if such and such would be acceptable, notify supervisor, or stop. A physician there was explaining how the data would be acceptable, but I strongly said I would have stopped the instrument and tried to find the cause of the problem before retesting affected patients and continuing. That was the beginning of my friendship with Zoe.
M.O.R.E. Quality standardizes the approach to quality. It requires real data and tells you if this data supports or refutes what you are trying to say, this result is valid. It is the proof, not an assumption of validity. It puts truth, validity, and the patient first. This book explains how we do it.
Book an Online Consultation with George
Hi, my name is George Sweeney.
I have 20 years of experience with management and quality.
I am certified with:
- Certified Quality Engineer, American Society for Quality
- Leading the way to M.O.R.E. Quality, AWEsome-U (PACE accredited provider)
- Chemistry Technologist, American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Lean Implementer, Texas Institute of Business Improvement Technologies
In my management experience, I:
- Oversaw all projects regarding QC, building teams to handle these projects, reviewing the work performed.
- Using Lean and Six Sigma, was engaged in continuous improvement, improving effectiveness and reducing cost.
- Reviewed daily overall quality as well as on each run.
- Managed the processing and reported results of all Proficiency studies, internal and external.
- Organized the processing and reported results of all Proficiency studies, internal and external.
- Organized and co-wrote program to manage QC monitoring and Levey-Jennings charts.
- Worked closely with R&D to develop all new methods and revisions of methods.
- Reviewed all SOP’s for correctness and revised as needed.
- Wrote Quality Control Policies and Procedures.
- Trained technologist on the importance and use of standards and control to verify the validity of a test.
- Oversaw all compliance of quality to all regulations, state and federal.
Co-author of Poster at 2015 AACC conference, “Statistical analysis and management of quality control data in clinical toxicology laboratory.”